The preferred candidate will have graduated from a Planning or Engineering program, and have 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience. The position has several functions, which are described in greater detail below.
The primary function relates to project management and administration. The successful candidate will work closely with the President, and other Project Manager(s) to advance our clients’ lands through the various stages of the administrative, development approval, and servicing related processes. As project requirements vary over time, as the demands of the project change, the involvement in tasks may vary beyond those which are identified below. In addition to these functions, the successful candidate will be called upon to assist in a wide range of projects, including project management, group management and financial / administrative functions related thereto. These functions are described in greater detail below.
Primary Function – General & Project Administration:
- Provide assistance and support to the President, Vice President and work with other Project Manager(s);
- Attendance at Local and Regional committee and council meetings (some of which may be outside of normal office hours) as required;
- Managing and chairing various project meetings with Municipal and Regional staff as required;
- Managing and chairing landowner group, client and consulting meetings as required;
- Attendance at site visits, construction meetings, etc;
- Carry out other actions, in accordance with the project work plan and scope of work;
- Preparation of project documentation including agendas, minutes, action list, work plans etc. as required;
- Assist and oversee the processing of clients’ lands through the development process (Official Plan, Secondary Plan, Block Plan, Draft Plan, Zoning Bylaw, Site Plan, etc);
- Coordinate/prepare development timelines and schedules for the delivery of the project
- Assist in the management of the design, approval and construction process, as required;
- Become knowledgeable in Cost Sharing Agreement, Funding Agreements, and other development related agreements, as required;
- Coordinate and work with the CFO to prepare financial analysis, and reports for project related matters, as required;
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and skills relating to planning, development and construction related projects;
- Manage, mentor, and work with project coordinators and other junior staff;
- Administration work (filing, organizing, cataloging, accounts, etc) as required.
- Assist the President and other senior staff members with the management of the Company’s business plan to ensure the Company goals and objectives are being met;
- Assist the President and other senior staff members in the development of and regular updating of a marketing strategy, as well as managing the “proposal team” in the preparation of new proposals/contracts;
- Develop strong network of stakeholders including local municipality and government officials, clients and consultants to enable successful project management;
- Facilitate business growth by working together with client, consultant and other potential;
- Business development with existing and prospective clients.
- independent, able to undertake tasks with minimal supervision
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Computer literate in Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
- Member of Canadian Institute of Planners, P.Eng, or CET preferred but not required
- a background in financial administration / financial reporting is an asset
- valid G drivers license with automobile a requirement
To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume attached, and the job position listed in the Subject line.